Inside the Box
Subscription box services deliver convenient and curated solutions
Marketplace and Consumer Trends
Subscription box services are expected to grow
- The total market size for subscription e-commerce is estimated to be between $12 billion and $15 billion.
- Gartner research projects that by 2023, 75% of all companies that sell direct to consumer will offer some type of subscription box service.
- Large retailers like Target (Beauty Gift & Value Sets) and Walmart (Beauty Box) are leveraging their buying power to become key players in the subscription/kitted box space.
- About 54% of consumers are reported to use a subscription service. 60% of subscribers are women, however, men are more active, and likely to have 3 or more subscriptions.
- The most popular subscription boxes deliver value through:
- Curation – surprise, variety, customized and personalized products and shopping experiences
- Replenishment – convenience of having needed items always on hand, saving time and money
- Access – exclusive offers and discounts, unique, niche products and experiences
Calling all coffee lovers. Wilderness Coffee offers 100% organic, fair trade coffee, roasted weekly in small batches for optimum freshness. They offer six roasts that come in compostable packaging and they plant one tree for each bag sold.
RECENT NEWS POSTS
The Road to Net Zero
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2021The Road to Net ZeroAwareness is growing in how small actions can make a big difference if everyone participates. While converting consumer concern about climate change into action has been a challenge in the past, now is an...
Tech for Today
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2021Tech for TodayThis year’s first virtual Consumer Electronics Show highlighted the tech industry’s quick response to a crisis, with more practical solutions that meet the needs of consumers’ reality today. The Consumer Electronics...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSFebruary 2021Get Outside and Play!America’s renewed appreciation and love for the great outdoors will continue into 2021 as consumers seek exploration, discovery, play, and healing through the wonders of nature.Winter or not, here they come!...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020Shopping With Purpose Small Business Saturday is no longer a one day, hometown event.While Small Business Saturday became a national holiday 10 years ago, consumer sentiment for “Shop Small” has never carried more meaning than it...
The Spirit of
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020The Spirit of Gifting Consumers may be taking a more thoughtful approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving this season.With the retail industry predicting that consumers are likely to spend less this holiday season, it is more...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSSeptember 2020The Home AdvantageFire up the grill and put on your favorite team jersey to kickoff “Homegating” Season 2020!Tailgating typically kicks off the football season for many sports fans or for anyone who enjoys a good party with...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJuly 2021Hello Flexcations!So long “Staycations” and hello “Flexcations!” Carry-over PTO, more flexible work locations/workations, past-year savings, and a pent-up desire for a “real” getaway are inspiring travelers to take longer, extended...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJune 2021Backyard LivingPeople are sprucing up their outdoor spaces and turning them into kitchens, living rooms, and even offices. Building on 2020 momentum, homeowners are enjoying more time outside and are paying more attention to...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMay 2021 Nature Calling America’s love of the great outdoors is thriving in 2021 as walkers, hikers, backpackers, mountain bikers, and paddle boarders are taking to the trails and waterways this Spring and Summer seeking new destinations to...