Inside the Box
Subscription box services deliver convenient and curated solutions
Marketplace and Consumer Trends
Subscription box services are expected to grow
- The total market size for subscription e-commerce is estimated to be between $12 billion and $15 billion.
- Gartner research projects that by 2023, 75% of all companies that sell direct to consumer will offer some type of subscription box service.
- Large retailers like Target (Beauty Gift & Value Sets) and Walmart (Beauty Box) are leveraging their buying power to become key players in the subscription/kitted box space.
- About 54% of consumers are reported to use a subscription service. 60% of subscribers are women, however, men are more active, and likely to have 3 or more subscriptions.
- The most popular subscription boxes deliver value through:
- Curation – surprise, variety, customized and personalized products and shopping experiences
- Replenishment – convenience of having needed items always on hand, saving time and money
- Access – exclusive offers and discounts, unique, niche products and experiences
Calling all coffee lovers. Wilderness Coffee offers 100% organic, fair trade coffee, roasted weekly in small batches for optimum freshness. They offer six roasts that come in compostable packaging and they plant one tree for each bag sold.
RECENT NEWS POSTS
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJuly 2020American PrideInterest in American-made products will likely grow in the back half of 2020 and beyond, as both consumers and manufacturers feel invested in helping rebuild the American economy.Marketplace and Consumer TrendsLocally...
On the Road
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJune 2020On the Road AgainYearning to get away, yet uncertainty about travel safety, combined with cheaper gas prices and a growing appreciation for the great outdoors, Americans are inspired and ready to take to the road. Remote getaways,...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWS June 2020Home Front ReimaginedThe trend toward spending more time at home over recent years suddenly became a necessary reality vs. a personal choice in 2020. As a result, Americans have been getting creative and reimagining ways to soothe...
When You Can
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2020Why Move When You Can Improve?Whether it’s Millennials buying older homes that need repair, Gen X wanting to update, or Boomers looking to create living spaces for aging in place, homeowners are investing in improvements to create...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2020Dreaming Big. Winning Big.Celebrating African American-owned businesses and the stories behind their inspired products.Black History Month is a perfect time to reflect on what it means to dream big and work hard to achieve success....
Even Smarter, Together.
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJanuary 2020Even Smarter, Together.Smart home brands team up to make life easier and safer.Nearly 30 million U.S. households are expected to add smart home technology in the near future. Consumers’ growing desire for safety, greater control,...
The Road to Net Zero
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2021The Road to Net ZeroAwareness is growing in how small actions can make a big difference if everyone participates. While converting consumer concern about climate change into action has been a challenge in the past, now is an...
Tech for Today
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2021Tech for TodayThis year’s first virtual Consumer Electronics Show highlighted the tech industry’s quick response to a crisis, with more practical solutions that meet the needs of consumers’ reality today. The Consumer Electronics...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSFebruary 2021Get Outside and Play!America’s renewed appreciation and love for the great outdoors will continue into 2021 as consumers seek exploration, discovery, play, and healing through the wonders of nature.Winter or not, here they come!...