Marketplace and Consumer Trends
- Travel experiences in 2021 are expected to be less about luxury and more about wellness and reconnecting with self and nature, physically, mentally and spiritually.
- “Nature therapy” or “ecotherapy” via nature walks, meditative hikes or nature travel destinations have become increasingly popular as a way to help relieve stress, anxiety, and even cure Zoom meeting burnout.
- The Hiking Gear And Equipment Market is projected to reach $7.36 Billion by 2027, a CAGR of 6.8% from 2020.
- Participation in bike riding is breaking records with a 20% increase across all categories, and sales of bikes were at an all time high in 2020.
- Sales of paddle sports products grew 56% in 2020 and are expected to rise at a considerable rate through 2026.
Tech for Today
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2021Tech for TodayThis year’s first virtual Consumer Electronics Show highlighted the tech industry’s quick response to a crisis, with more practical solutions that meet the needs of consumers’ reality today. The Consumer Electronics...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSFebruary 2021Get Outside and Play!America’s renewed appreciation and love for the great outdoors will continue into 2021 as consumers seek exploration, discovery, play, and healing through the wonders of nature.Winter or not, here they come!...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020Shopping With Purpose Small Business Saturday is no longer a one day, hometown event.While Small Business Saturday became a national holiday 10 years ago, consumer sentiment for “Shop Small” has never carried more meaning than it...
The Spirit of
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020The Spirit of Gifting Consumers may be taking a more thoughtful approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving this season.With the retail industry predicting that consumers are likely to spend less this holiday season, it is more...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSSeptember 2020The Home AdvantageFire up the grill and put on your favorite team jersey to kickoff “Homegating” Season 2020!Tailgating typically kicks off the football season for many sports fans or for anyone who enjoys a good party with...
Inside the Box
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSAugust 2020Inside the BoxSubscription box services deliver convenient and curated solutionsThe subscription box industry is booming as consumers seek convenient shopping solutions in challenging times. Delivered to your doorstep or on the...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJuly 2021Hello Flexcations!So long “Staycations” and hello “Flexcations!” Carry-over PTO, more flexible work locations/workations, past-year savings, and a pent-up desire for a “real” getaway are inspiring travelers to take longer, extended...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJune 2021Backyard LivingPeople are sprucing up their outdoor spaces and turning them into kitchens, living rooms, and even offices. Building on 2020 momentum, homeowners are enjoying more time outside and are paying more attention to...
The Road to Net Zero
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2021The Road to Net ZeroAwareness is growing in how small actions can make a big difference if everyone participates. While converting consumer concern about climate change into action has been a challenge in the past, now is an...