adm Group Environmental Policy
To transform marketing activations to deliver sustainable brand execution, thereby protecting our planet and supporting human rights across the world. Our vision exemplifies our commitment to the highest standards of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), and to a more sustainable, diverse, and inclusive future.
To help further our vision, we have updated our Sustainability programme and renamed it From Purpose to Impact, as we seek to embed sustainability practices into marketing execution across our three pillars – adm Community, adm Assure, and adm SCOPE.
About this Policy
Environmental considerations are central to adm’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy. We are committed to managing and reducing our impact on the natural environment and taking action on climate change. This document outlines our individual and shared responsibilities to the environment. It is available to all adm employees and is available publicly on our website. The policy and related practices are managed by the Global Sustainability team with oversight from the Group Steering Committee and the Legal Team.
The policy applies to all employees, locations and companies within adm Group globally. It also applies to third party contractors, agents, suppliers, strategic partners and consultants representing or acting on behalf of adm Group.
- Maintain robust, effective governance and accountability structures to oversee and drive the environmental agenda.
- Conduct an annual materiality assessment involving relevant stakeholder groups to identify and evaluate sustainability issues that are most material to the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Deliver innovative, value-enhancing solutions to environmental challenges at every opportunity - both for our clients and within our own workspaces.
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and to integrate recognised environmental best practice into our business operations.
- Report on impact, achievements, and progress against sustainability targets across adm group on an annual basis.
- Review and update targets as our sustainability program continues to mature and as the needs of the business changes.
- Maintain our certifications to ISO 14001, ISO 9001, GRS, GOTS and FSC through rigorous monitoring and review.
Climate Change and Emissions Reduction
- Actively work to reduce energy use and Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions within our operations and across our value chain.
- Aim to maximize renewable energy use within our operations and promote its adoption throughout our value chain.
- Pursue science-based emissions reduction targets and our ambition to achieve Net Zero across our value chain by 2040.
- Identify, determine, and evaluate climate risks and opportunities on a biannual basis.
Sustainable Packaging and Design
- Ensure 100% reusable, recyclable or certified compostable packaging for all items by 2030.
- Ensure 100% reusable, recyclable or certified compostable plastic for all items by 2030.
- Sustainable sourcing of our print items offering 95% FSC, SFI or PEFC certified material.
- Utilise the Sustainable Design Guide and Green Design Tool upstream during POSM brief and concept development to guide marketeers on the impact of potential POSM items and designs .
- Utilise the Green Design Tool to identify high emission and water consumption hotspots in our suites of products to help target redesign opportunities.
- Promote recycling in all adm offices.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations through the monitoring of emerging regulations by the Climate Risk Committee.
- To minimize CSR risks across the value chain and ensure the highest level of ethical standards assurance, ongoing CSR audits are to be conducted across our suppliers.
- Ensure environmental criteria are taken into account when onboarding new suppliers and that all suppliers must sign the Supplier Code of Conduct and maintain compliant social audits.
- Grade all key ‘approved suppliers’ using our global supplier scorecard which includes KPIs related to sustainability performance, thus influencing a suppliers’ overall grade.
- Continuously support and educate suppliers who are just commencing their sustainability journey.
- Regularly organize Supplier Spotlight sessions to share sustainable and innovative best practices amongst our suppliers within our adm Community.
- Regularly invite suppliers to join/increase their engagement in our Supplier Renewable Energy Engagement Program.
- Encourage our employees to take responsibility for protecting the environment by providing training and workshops and effectively communicating our environmental principles and expectations.
- Ensure our employees are financially incentivized on the group’s sustainability and environmental performance, through performance on four key metrics impacting a proportion of their personal bonus.
- Communicate the environmental policy and sustainability strategy to all relevant stakeholders, including employees, suppliers, clients and shareholders.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in an annual materiality assessment to understand their expectations and priorities.
- Work collaboratively with our clients to reduce the emissions of the items we design, source and deliver to them, improve human rights in the supply chain, and promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Support our clients’ sustainability journey and build a collaborative roadmap for success by ensuring alignment of our sustainability strategy and targets.
We recognize the challenging journey ahead in achieving all of the above, but we are resolute in the goals we have articulated.
The Sustainability Team will review its Environmental Policy annually. The Steering Committee shall review the policy every two years. Additional review and amendments can be arranged if there is a request to settle urgent matters.
Chief Sustainability Officer