An industry worth billions. Are you game?
- Revenue for the video game industry hit a record-breaking $43.4 billion in 2018, up from $30.4 billion in 2016.
- Video games make about as much money as the American film industry.
- Growth in mobile game use
- Old classics like Super Nintendo getting more and more popular as Millennials yearn for a piece of their past
- Better technology — e.g. VR/AR– the VR market generated about $3.6 billion in revenues in 2018. By 2023, 37 million games consoles are expected to be using VR
- 65% of American adults (more than 164 million) like playing video games
- 93% of American households own a smartphone, half of them use it to play video games
- The average gamer is 34 years old, 72% are 18 years or older
- 60% of gamers are male
Millennials are serious gamers.
“Millennials, the first generation to grow up with widespread access to video games, are now adults between the ages of 22 and 38. Not expected to grow out of gaming any time soon, they are set to be the first generation of lifelong gamers.”
- 2 in 3 Millennials in the U.S. play video games every month
- 71% of Millennial gamers watch gaming video content or online videos about games, on platforms like YouTube and Twitch. They watch for nearly 6 hours each week
Adult gamers play for a variety of reasons.
- They play games as a way to have fun, relax and connect with others
- 79% say that video games provide mental stimulation
- 78% say they are a form of relaxation and stress relief
- 63% say they play games with others either online or in-person
Defeat discomfort and power up performance with the OPSEAT Master Gaming Chair. Engineered to support you comfortably for many hours in the perfect playing position with advanced ergonomics and epic design at an unbeatable value.
Officially licensed for Xbox One, the Stealth 700 is the first premium wireless headset to connect directly to the console, with features like Windows Sonic Surround Sound, Active Noise-Cancellation, Bluetooth™, and much more.
RECENT NEWS POSTS
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2021The Road to Net ZeroAwareness is growing in how small actions can make a big difference if everyone participates. While converting consumer concern about climate change into action has been a challenge in the past, now is an...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2021Tech for TodayThis year’s first virtual Consumer Electronics Show highlighted the tech industry’s quick response to a crisis, with more practical solutions that meet the needs of consumers’ reality today. The Consumer Electronics...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSFebruary 2021Get Outside and Play!America’s renewed appreciation and love for the great outdoors will continue into 2021 as consumers seek exploration, discovery, play, and healing through the wonders of nature.Winter or not, here they come!...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020Shopping With Purpose Small Business Saturday is no longer a one day, hometown event.While Small Business Saturday became a national holiday 10 years ago, consumer sentiment for “Shop Small” has never carried more meaning than it...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020The Spirit of Gifting Consumers may be taking a more thoughtful approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving this season.With the retail industry predicting that consumers are likely to spend less this holiday season, it is more...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSSeptember 2020The Home AdvantageFire up the grill and put on your favorite team jersey to kickoff “Homegating” Season 2020!Tailgating typically kicks off the football season for many sports fans or for anyone who enjoys a good party with...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJuly 2021Hello Flexcations!So long “Staycations” and hello “Flexcations!” Carry-over PTO, more flexible work locations/workations, past-year savings, and a pent-up desire for a “real” getaway are inspiring travelers to take longer, extended...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJune 2021Backyard LivingPeople are sprucing up their outdoor spaces and turning them into kitchens, living rooms, and even offices. Building on 2020 momentum, homeowners are enjoying more time outside and are paying more attention to...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMay 2021 Nature Calling America’s love of the great outdoors is thriving in 2021 as walkers, hikers, backpackers, mountain bikers, and paddle boarders are taking to the trails and waterways this Spring and Summer seeking new destinations to...