Inspired by the “cottagecore” cultural movement, a yearning for simpler days, renewed romanticism, nostalgia, or capturing a TikTok or Instagram moment, young and old alike are experiencing and celebrating the perfect picnic like never before.
Marketplace and Consumer Trends
Curated picnic experiences can make simple outdoor gatherings feel special and magical – like the perfect escape we all need.
- Professional picnic planners are popping up all over the country, providing curated luxury picnic experiences for every occasion, from small gatherings with friends to lavish milestone birthday celebrations, proposals, weddings and corporate events.
- Boho is the way to go for designs and accessories – wicker picnic baskets, vintage blankets, ruffled pillows, checkered, striped or floral tablecloths, vintage dinnerware, serve ware, etc. are all the vibe. Google trend searches for Boho-chic were up 700% and Boho picnic searches were up 1050% in the past year.
- Vintage glassware is popular for setting a romantic picnic mood. Google searches for vintage drinking glasses were up 50%, decanters up 140%, and vintage beer glasses up 600%.
- Charcuterie is a staple for any perfect picnic – consumer interest in Italian meats is up 67% from last year and Google searches for charcuterie was up 110% in the past year.
- And don’t forget the music – searches for portable CD players with speakers were up 250%.
Picnic Time Belmont Picnic Basket
Pocket Picnic Blanket
Big enough for two but small enough to fit into a 7.87” square pouch, this pocket picnic blanket is perfect to keep in the car or in your purse for a spontaneous picnic virtually anywhere. The blanket is 100% customizable and made of rip-proof polyester so it will last for many picnics to come.
Toscana Artisan Acacia Serving Plank
The Artisan plank is a gorgeous addition to any picnic. The paddle shaped serving plank is made with the stunning wood of the acacia tree. To showcase this naturally water-resistant wood, some of its raw beauty has been left intact by featuring a live bark edge on one side. Adding to its rustic look, the handle includes a hemp hanging loop so you can display this versatile piece of kitchen art for all to see.
Courier Post; Italian Food.net; Google trends
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJuly 2020American PrideInterest in American-made products will likely grow in the back half of 2020 and beyond, as both consumers and manufacturers feel invested in helping rebuild the American economy.Marketplace and Consumer TrendsLocally...
On the Road
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJune 2020On the Road AgainYearning to get away, yet uncertainty about travel safety, combined with cheaper gas prices and a growing appreciation for the great outdoors, Americans are inspired and ready to take to the road. Remote getaways,...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWS June 2020Home Front ReimaginedThe trend toward spending more time at home over recent years suddenly became a necessary reality vs. a personal choice in 2020. As a result, Americans have been getting creative and reimagining ways to soothe...
When You Can
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSApril 2020Why Move When You Can Improve?Whether it’s Millennials buying older homes that need repair, Gen X wanting to update, or Boomers looking to create living spaces for aging in place, homeowners are investing in improvements to create...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2020Dreaming Big. Winning Big.Celebrating African American-owned businesses and the stories behind their inspired products.Black History Month is a perfect time to reflect on what it means to dream big and work hard to achieve success....
Even Smarter, Together.
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSJanuary 2020Even Smarter, Together.Smart home brands team up to make life easier and safer.Nearly 30 million U.S. households are expected to add smart home technology in the near future. Consumers’ growing desire for safety, greater control,...
Tech for Today
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSMarch 2021Tech for TodayThis year’s first virtual Consumer Electronics Show highlighted the tech industry’s quick response to a crisis, with more practical solutions that meet the needs of consumers’ reality today. The Consumer Electronics...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSFebruary 2021Get Outside and Play!America’s renewed appreciation and love for the great outdoors will continue into 2021 as consumers seek exploration, discovery, play, and healing through the wonders of nature.Winter or not, here they come!...
NEWSLETTERS RETURN TO NEWSNovember 2020Shopping With Purpose Small Business Saturday is no longer a one day, hometown event.While Small Business Saturday became a national holiday 10 years ago, consumer sentiment for “Shop Small” has never carried more meaning than it...